Earlier this week, Dewi ask me about my favorite food. And I could not give her a direct answer. I could only tell her about things I wouldn’t eat. And when I think about it, I just realize that I am a picky eater. There are so many things that I would avoid putting it in my mouth. Some of them caused by stupid reason. Here are those unfortunate foods :
- Some type of mushrooms ( I feel I will get dizzy after eating it)
- Bell pepper ( I won’t touch it. ever)
- Dragon fruit ( It taste like….plants * I know it’s stupid)
- A collaboration of onion, cheese, and meat in one sweet bread/bun ( It can make me nauseated)
- Savory bread (especially floss and chopped meat. Tuna bread is acceptable)
- Ice cream ( I enjoy eating it very rarely, most of the time I don’t. why? because it’s make my stomach cold wahaha. yes I know, it’s an absurd reason)
- Jam (it’s sticky. I hate it)
- Not fresh seafood ( I’ll have an upset stomach. And it is really painful). So most of the time, I avoid order cuisine with seafood. My motto is : only eat seafood in sushi shop or everywhere near the sea
- Lamb and sheep meat ( Can’t stand the smell)
- Spicy food ( I am working on it. So my spicyness level would be on the normal line)
- Potato in clear soup. I am ok with any potato other than this. I don’t know why really
- Cake. I rarely able to finish one slice of cake by myself. I really can’t enjoy heavy cream. Or any cream in this case. So if I said that some cake is delicious, believe me that it must taste superb.
- Milk Chocolate ( the sugar and milk are too much)
- Fried vegetable ( I reaaally hate oily vegetable. I despise them wkwkwk)
There are also some kind of food I can eat just recently because I succeeded to overcome my hatred toward them :
- Banana (I used to hate the flavor.Now it’s tolerable. And I like it because it make my stomach full but light. But, I absolutely can’t eat pocky banana or anything with banana flavor, I can’t stand even only the aroma)
- Catfish ( because of a horrifying story about how people raising catfish. I can never forget what my elementary school teacher said. And I refuse to share it here. Because it IS really scary)
- Eggplant ( because after cooking, it looks like catfish *yes, I am that illogical)
And now, because this post is about my favorite food. Of course I’ll have to mention about food that I like to eat. These are foods that I looooove :
- Dark Chocolate. I am obsessed with it! 50% is the min and max 99%. I prefer bitter chocolate than the sweet one. Every time I eat dark chocolate, I feel happy. It is fantastic.
- Strawberries and Mango. Basically I love fruits. But these two are the ones I love the most. In this last two months it’s really hard to find strawberries, and I was really sad. Combination of strawberries and chocolate is super magical. It is not tasty. It IS magnificently delicious! and about mango, I love it too. When it’s in the season, I can eat three mangoes a day.
- Seaweed. (savory and tasty, whether it dried or not, it’s still delicious)
- Half-boiled egg (melted in your mouth!)
- Dim sum ( I love all kind of dim sum except chicken feet)
- Tobiko : flying fish roe. It is small and tasty. Neta can’t understand why I love this so much.
- Chuka idako and octopus. Chuka idako is special seasoned baby octopus. I really love it. But, sometime I am sad after eating it because I feel like I am an evil predator.
- Sushi : I love sushi alright. But I can not enjoy sashimi
- Gyoza : My favorite is the one from Ichiban sushi
- Salted duck egg : I just like it
- Yogurt : It is sour! LOOOOOOOVEEE IT
- Green tea ( Ocha not matcha) : Matcha is ocha + milk. I like matcha but not all of them. Some matcha have too much milk.
- Mi Aceh : the spices are remarkable. I especially love the pickled shallots
Oh! it ends up as a looooong post. ahahaha talking about food is always fun